Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long has Brown Coach been in business?
Brown Coach began in 1980 with six motorcoaches. Since then, this family-owned and operated company has grown to a fleet of 24 luxury motorcoaches.
2. When should I book a motorcoach?
Brown Coach maintains a large fleet that is available at your convenience. However, during the year there are many peak periods, such as weekends, fall and summer that book up very quickly. Therefore, you should book your motorcoach as soon as you are sure of your dates.
3. How do I make a reservation?
- Stop by our Amsterdam Office - 50 Venner Rd., Amsterdam, NY 12010
- Call Toll Free in New York 1-800-424-4700 or (518) 843-4700 >
Tour or Travel Agency
- Stop by our Office in Socha Plaza in Scotia
- 123 Saratoga Rd., Scotia, NY 12302
- Call (518) 399-3128
4. Can Brown customize a tour for my group?
Yes! Brown would love to customize a tour for your group. Contact any of our highly trained salespeople at (518) 843-4700.
5. Is a deposit required? How much and when?
A deposit is required on all bookings to secure the motorcoach for a given date. The amount of the deposit required is $100 per coach booked and is due 5 business days after booking.
6. When is the final payment for my chartered motorcoach due?
The final payment for your chartered motorcoach is due at least 30 days before departure of your trip. If booking a charter trip with less than 30 days before the departure date, then the full amount is due at the time of the booking.
7. What type of vehicles does Brown Coach operate?
Brown Coach has 24 deluxe motorcoaches equipped for your convenience. These coaches can accommodate up to 55 passengers. In addition, Brown Coach has several Mini-Coaches that provide seating for 28 or 38 passengers and vans that can accommodates up to 16 passengers. The mini-coaches and vans provide a comfortable alternative for smaller groups or can accompany a larger coach. While these mini-coaches are luxuriously equipped, some have lavatories; therefore, they are ideal for short excursions such as weddings, touring and event shuttles.
8. Are wheelchair accessible motorcoaches available?
Yes. Brown Coach is very proud to be one of the only motorcoach operators in Upstate New York to provide wheelchair accessible coaches. Our highly trained staff is ready and able to meet all of our passenger’s needs.
9. Is there room in the motorcoach to store luggage and other items?
Yes. Our deluxe motorcoaches have extensive luggage storage both in the luggage bays underneath the coach and in the overhead bins in the main cabin. Our mini-coaches and van have more limited storage space.
10. Do your coaches come equipped with video players?
Yes. Our deluxe motorcoaches and mini-coaches have TV monitors and VCR and/or DVD units. Additionally, Brown Coach is one of the only operators in Upstate New York to have Satellite TV in some of our motorcoaches.
11. What are the departure points for your tours ?
Please see our pickup maps, found under the tour section of this website.
12. Is alcohol allowed on board?
NO. Alcohol is NOT permitted on board the motorcoach.
13. Is smoking permitted on the motorcoach?
NO. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the motorcoach.
14. Are food and non-alcoholic beverages allowed on board?
Allowing food and non-alcoholic beverages on board the motorcoach is a privilege granted by Brown Coach and may be rescinded at the discretion of the driver. No glass is permitted on the coach. Please use cans and plastic containers.
15. What level of insurance does Brown Coach hold?
Brown Coach maintains insurance coverage that exceeds federal requirements.